Tesla produced 930,422 cars in 2021 and delivered 936,172 to customers
In the last quarter of 2021 Tesla produced 305,840 vehicles and delivered 308,600. This brings the total production for 2021 to 930,422 vehicles. Tesla managed to deliver an astonishing 936,172 vehicles in 2021.
2021 was marked by parts shortages and rising prices all across the industry, but Tesla managed to attain an astonishing 82.5% Year over Year increase in production. In terms of deliveries, Tesla attained a YoY increase of 87.4%.
It is worth mentioning that Tesla sells their cars directly to the end customer because they don’t have dealerships. This means that every car counted as delivered has arrived in the hands of customers, in contrast with the industry norm, where cars are bought in bulk by dealerships and then sold to customers.
The majority of the cars produced and sold by Tesla in 2021 are Model 3 and Model Y. The refreshed versions of the Model S and X still lag far behind.
- Tesla Model 3: Amazing 8000 km trip in Europe
- Elon Musk delivers first Tesla Model Ys at Giga Berlin-Brandenburg opening
- Tesla Model 3 amazing 10000th Mile Road Trip
- Tesla to offer free Supercharging to all cars across Europe during the 2022 winter holidays
- Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson reminding us of the difficulties in fighting climate change